Q: Lag... How to get rid of it?A: There are a few things, that you can do to reduce the lag:
- Make sure, that you don't have unnecessary opened tabs
- Pause any active download
- Pause any file-sharing applications
- As long as the game rely on the network, the so-called lag spikes, experienced as temporary unresponsiveness and delays, may occur. To reduce those unpleasant effects, use wired connection instead of wireless whenever possible.
Q: I found a bug, how do I report it?A: If you experience a problem, please let us know about it. You can either send an email to hello@=dummy=gulper.io, or contact us via social networks. To make it easier for us to resolve the issue, please report the details, particularly, your browser version, type of the device you use, how often the problem occurs and anything else that you think is useful for us to know.
Q: What are the system requirements?A: The game was created with intent to run smoothly on low-end devices, so any relatively modern system should suffice. Strictly speaking, there are some hardware/software requirements:
- A graphic card that supports WebGL. You can check if your card is not blacklisted.
- A browser that supports WebGL 1.0 and Websocket APIs, which must be enabled. According to statistical data, this requirement is currently met on more then 93% of devices, and the number keeps growing, so this should not be the case.
Also, it is strongly recommended to use the latest available browser version, as long as newer versions tend to provide better performance and stability.
Note, that mobile devices are usually less powerful, so the framerate may drop in certain scenarios.
Q: What is WebGL?A: WebGL is a cross-platform rendering API, that brings hardware-accelerated graphics to the web without a need for plug-ins.
Q: How to enable WebGL?A: In case you are able to play, you don't need to do anything — it is already enabled. If not, follow the instructions below.
- Go to chrome://settings
- Click Advanced
- In the System section, make sure that the Use hardware acceleration when available switch is enabled
- If you use an older Chrome version, also go to chrome://flags and ensure that the Disable WebGL option is NOT activated.
- Go to about:config
- Search for the webgl.disable option, and make sure that its value is false.
- Go to opera://settings
- Enable the Show advanced settings checkbox
- Select the Browser menu
- Ensure that the Use hardware acceleration when available checkbox is enabled.
- Go to the Preferences menu
- Select the Advanced tab and enable the Show Develop menu in menu bar checkbox
- In the Develop menu, ensure that the Enable WebGL options is checked. This option is not present in newer Safari versions, because WebGL is enabled by default.